Summertime brings all sorts of good treats. And last summer I discovered a new favorite. Yellow squash. My parents started a garden and grew squash among other things. They usually cook it sautéed, but I wanted a different method that resulted in a less mushy texture.
And this is the perfect dish. It’s healthy, quick and easy. I’ve cooked this dish four times already (and we never have leftovers)! It’s delicious and we can’t get enough. I found the recipe here.
Roasted Yellow Squash
- 2 small to medium yellow squash per person
- 1/2 onion per person
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven 425
- Trim the ends of the squash. Slice each squash into lengthwise slices.
- Spray a baking sheet with oil.
- Lay the slices on the cooking sheet in a single layer.
- Slice onion into thin wedges. Sprinkle them over the squash.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, until bottoms of squash begin to brown.
- Sprinkle with pepper and salt, turn each slice over, and bake until bottoms of squash are browned, about 15 minutes more.
It’s so easy!
Sweetened by the caramelized onions and perfectly seasoned with just salt and pepper. Almost too tasty to be good for you. Hope you enjoy.