This Mother’s Day Antonio surprised me with a beautiful bouquet of roses. They were actually purple!
He also got me a “Chocolate Lovers”gift basket filled with chocolate treats. It was loaded! There was way too much for me to eat, but he knows our kids all too well, because they were more than happy to help me with it. And they did.
Two days later, the basket was holding bananas!
By far, my favorite item was the chocolate covered pecans. They were amazing! No, really, they were that good. Upon biting into the cluster your tongue is hit with the sweetness of the milk chocolate mixed with a touch of white chocolate. Then you feel a slight crunch of the pecan that has just the right amount of salt to contrast and compliment the chocolate. (I’ve closed my eyes twice while typing, just to think about it)
After the first cluster the kids were warned to stay clear! But they were gone way too soon. So instead of doing like most would do and track them down to buy more, I decided to make my own.
Chocolate Covered Roasted Pecans
- pecans (halves)
- milk chocolate
- white chocolate
- wax paper
- Heat oven at 350
- Melt butter, sit half aside and coat pecans
- Line baking sheet with foil and roast nuts approximately 10 minutes. Stir once to prevent burning.
- Nuts are done once they are fragrant.
- Coat pecans with remaining butter. Lightly toss with salt.
- Melt milk chocolate and coat pecans. Drop clusters of nuts onto wax paper to cool and harden.
- Melt white chocolate and drizzle over clusters.
- Let cool and harden.
(My kitchen was a bit warm so I needed to cool them in the refrigerator)
Hope you enjoy!